Get This Certificate before Export to African Regions!lausm | April 24, 2018 | 0 | Uncategorized
That is, all products exported to African countries should be approved by Verification of Conformity (VoC) which confirmed by the local authorities.
Verification of Conformity (VoC) is the most common compulsory technical certificate, which is also promoted to a majority of sub-Saharan African countries. Only with VoC can the local importer go through Customs clearance successfully and pick up the imported goods.
Actually, titles of VoC vary from region to region.
So you need to distinguish different titles of VoC among different regions.
A large number of products are under supervision, except for the following products:
● Gold and other precious metals
● Precious stones
● Explosives, weapons, ammunition and other war material intended for thenational armed forces and to the police force
● Live animals
● Fresh Fish, vegetables and fruit
● Plants and floricultural products
● Impressed and developed cinematographic films
● Newspapers and periodicals, stamps items or tax, stamp paper, banknotes,check books, passports
● Personal effects and used household objects
● Used cars
● Postal Parcels
● Raw or partially refined oil
● Commercial samples
● Supplies to the diplomatic and consular missions or internationalorganizations, imported for their own needs/use
● Imported goods and equipment for oil and mining operations
● Imports related to free regimes
● Raw products and traditional handicraft of community origin
Currently, VoC program is adopted by African countries including:
Cote d’Ivoire, Algeria, Nigeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Gabon, Ghana,Guinea, etc.
Mainly types of commodities are including:
Food, Chemical products, textiles, electronic products, mechanical products, etc.
In Africa, Verification of Conformity is specified by the government, corresponding with standards of different countries. Thus, to export products to Africa, meeting the requirement of VoC is necessary.